The College of Westchester is pleased to announce approval from the New York State Board of Regents to deliver a Bachelor of Science in Interactive Digital Media and Marketing. This program is designed to prepare and equip students in the entrepreneurial and strategic aspects of interactive digital and social media design, production and utilization for business.
This new degree program, CW’s first at the B.S. degree level, is a full 120-credit course that has been designed to prepare students in the following educational objectives:
- Identify the function and audience for specific interactive digital and social media products in marketing.
- Understand current, and anticipate future, marketing trends in the uses of interactive digital and social media
- Produce professional digital media elements within visual communication solutions for presenting and analyzing information, messages, and ideas that enhance audience interest, interaction and comprehension.
- Perform within the design and development cycle of a collaborative business environment from needs assessment through conceptualization, design, production, testing, implementation and analysis.
- Identify and implement contemporary analytics tools to track and measure the effectiveness of digital and social media campaigns
- Ascertain and employ effective communication strategies for social network
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of, and ability to successfully implement, search engine optimization (SEO) of digital content and sites.
The program is designed to prepare graduates for entry into, among others, the following occupations:
- Commercial and Industrial Designers
- Graphic Designers
- Various emergent Digital / Social Media positions including Content Creator, Manager, Coordinator, Specialist and Strategist.
For more information about the program click here
Click here to read full Press Release
Click here to view all news stories