The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Financial Assistance Counselor to counsel prospective and new students in financial assistance issues and determine if they qualify for student financial assistance, as well as assist supervisor with day-to-day New Student Financial Assistance activities.
- Associate Degree Required. Bachelor Degree preferred, however will consider comparable experience.
- Considerable customer service interaction.
- Good math aptitude.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet with prospective and new students to counsel them on financial assistance issues, discuss options to finance their tuition, determine financial need and package.
- Counsel prospective and new students regarding their rights and responsibilities with respect to financial assistance and student loans. Conduct Prep meetings with prospective students in admissions before meeting with a Student Financial Assistance Counselor.
- Ensure all assigned deadlines are met to include timely submission of new student financial assistance packages, verification documents, ETA's, folder submission and departmental reports to supervisor.
- Assist in organizing and participate with special events such as open house, pin/prep workshops, early registration and orientation for new students, as well as, various off campus financial aid related events.
- Finalize financial assistance issues for new students during the add/drop period.
- Assist supervisor with required reporting and day to day activities.
- Attend professional development training workshops, especially in the area of student financial assistance.
- Be knowledgeable and up-to-date of federal and state regulations regarding financial assistance.
- Follow New Student Financial Assistance policies and procedures.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and compliance in all aspects of operations.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Admissionscandidates@cw.edu. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.