The College of Westchester is seeking a part-time High School & Community Relations Presenter. The Presenter is responsible for scheduling and delivering informative, dynamic presentations to high school students about various topics. The Presenter is also responsible for other field activities related to recruitment and admission of qualified students at high schools, college fairs and in corporate and community settings.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Two to three years of related experience in training, professional speaking, sales, customer service or higher education admissions or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and customer service skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with administrators and faculty at local high schools.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, understand student needs, present information and respond to questions from students, parents and high school staff that assist the students with their higher education objectives.
- Good computer skills with an ability to set up and use technical equipment for presentations and general knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media are essential.
- Must be able to attend college fairs or other events in the evenings and on weekends as is demanded by the calendar for the year.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is beneficial.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primarily, visit high schools and other organizations, as directed, to make presentations that are scheduled for the purpose of visiting with potential students, whether in classrooms, auditorium, cafeteria, library, high school guidance office; or in the case of other corporations or community organizations, to locations as directed.
- Establish and maintain relationships with public and private high schools in the College’s recruitment area. This area encompasses but is not limited to Westchester, Putnam, Orange, Rockland, Bronx and Fairfield counties.
- Visit high schools for the purpose of booking and conducting presentations and meeting with high school guidance counselors, teachers and other key staff.
- Represent the College at external functions and public relations events geared toward the recruitment of high school graduates, such as Career Nights and College Fairs, throughout the counties mentioned above.
- Adhere to a strict code of ethics and comply with all The College of Westchester policies and procedures, State and Federal laws and accrediting body regulations.
- Meet and exceed agreed upon goals for high school visits and presentations.
- Assist with planning, facilitating, and hosting events / gatherings for high school educators and others.
- Establish and maintain accurate high school portfolios, documenting changes in school personnel, population and chronicling all events activities and presentations, and reporting it back to team coordinator.
- Support and participate in admissions events such as open houses and scholarship days.
- Each summer, support the internal admissions department needs including telephone and meeting with students and families as directed by supervisor.
- Submit all completed reports in a timely manner including visit reports in the week prior to visits and presentation reports by the end of the day that the visit is completed.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and compliance in all aspects of operations.
- Attend CW events as requested by supervisor. All faculty and staff are required to attend Commencement. In addition, your presence may be required at other events such as student picnics, presentations, award ceremonies, etc.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Admissionscandidates@cw.edu. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.