The College of Westchester (CW) is seeking a full-time EMPOWER Program Director. The CW EMPOWER Program is a full student lifecycle strategy that focuses special services and supports for low income and first generation students in order to maximize academic success, retention, degree attainment and ultimately career success. The Director will develop, execute and manage EMPOWER programs based on research, best practices and progressive approaches. EMPOWER programs will develop strong connections with and among students to create exceptional experiences that lead to improved student, department and college-wide outcomes and goal achievement. Throughout all programs, the Director will work collaboratively with faculty, staff, administration, high schools, community resource organizations and parents (when permitted via FERPA waiver). Using data and metrics, the Program’s effectiveness will be measured by achievement of exceptional student outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required: Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to make immediate, powerful connections with students
- Ability to work with and relate to diverse population of students
- Proven experience as program director or other leadership position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Understanding of data-driven analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Must be fluent bilingual Spanish
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be accountable for developing and executing EMPOWER strategies to insure exceptional student success
- Meet or exceed persistence and graduation rate goals for EMPOWER cohort of students
- Build mechanisms to ensure strong connections with and among students based on warmth, enthusiasm and show of concern
- Provide ongoing, systematic engagement with students via meetings, calls, texting and email.
- Regularly meet with students (individually or groups) to provide motivation and success strategies with a constant focus on career goals and readiness
- Coordinate advisement and counseling on career path options that match the student’s talents, aptitudes and aspirations
- Monitor academic progress and attendance and proactively engage in early intervention
- Monitor and proactively identify any/all assessments of students at risk
- Provide comprehensive outreach to students who are at risk of not meeting satisfactory academic progress, not meeting Accelerated TAP or ETA credit requirements
- Coordinate any additional support services students may require such as the learning center, counseling and any other special accommodations necessary. Follow up.
- Manage Empower-associated co-curricular and student life activities
- Be well versed in all CW program offerings and associated career paths (SOC Codes)
- Reinforce Commit to Complete (C2C) with students throughout their program
- Participate in all Orientation, Early Registration and Transformative Learning events
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.