The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to work in our Admissions Department. This position provides administrative support to the department as directed by the Admissions Operations Manager.
- Associate’s Degree Required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, social media, chat and texting required
- A minimum of three years of administrative support experience required
- Experience in Higher Education, and specifically in Admissions, a plus
- Ability to work with students and with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter applicant information and appointments into the computer.
- Request and evaluate high school and college transcripts, diplomas and GED diplomas
- Write and mail all admissions correspondence with regard to prospective students.
- Update student information in student database
- Provide weekly progress reports
- Audit overall integrity of applicant data
- Assist with weekly meetings
- Cover front desk/receptionist duties as needed
- Provide general administrative support to supervisor and department members
- Organize files
- Special projects, when assigned.
- Assist with student events, such as: Open Houses, Scholars Award Reception, student social events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be considered and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.