The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Career Services Administrative Assistant is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of the Career Services Department as well as all administrative functions including administrative support for the director and career counselors. The Career Services Coordinator acts as a liaison between Career Services, CW students/grads, the business community, and as necessary, other college departments. The Coordinator is responsible for specific college-wide events which are planned and organized with the Director of Career Services. In addition, trains and supervises the office support staff.
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Technology savvy- ability to learn new software programs with ease
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; excellent telephone etiquette
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook ; Zoom Technology
- Maintain Front Desk work flow to career counselors and director as well as greeting all incoming students assisting students with inquiries
- Provide daily administrative support to Career Services Office including answering phone calls, helping with queries and relaying messages
- Maintain all record keeping that supports employment placement process and in accordance with agreed-upon audit procedures; coordinate all cohort placement
- Coordinator for all Career Services events, workshops and activities
- Assist with the organization of various internal college-wide activities and external functions including the Business Council of Westchester and Westchester County Association events as well as helping to organize CW Advisory Council meetings
- Train and supervise office Work/Study support staff
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.