The College of Westchester, an Associate degree- and Baccalaureate degree-granting college, is seeking a part-time Student Financial Services Administrative Assistant.
- Minimum two year degree.
- Excellent customer service skills/work courteously and professionally with students and families.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks along with the energy to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Problem solving abilities.
Hourly Range for part-time position: $16.83 - $18.27 per hour
NYS Sick Time Accrual is offered to part-time employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front line student customer service position performing general administrative assistant and clerical work; schedule appointments for Student Financial Services (SFS) staff; monitor, order, distribute and maintain SFS office supplies; receive, sort and send SFS mail, emails and texts.
- Assist in preparing student financial aid files
- Prepare/maintain monthly SFS Staff work schedule and distribute to staff
- Monitor work flow of the front office and assist students
- Perform a variety of work in student assistance as relates to the financial aid process, such as helping students navigate financial aid paperwork; be able to identify missing documents for students when a student inquires on their financial aid status. In addition assist with the Student Services office in Academic matters that pertain to students and their financial aid
- Organize and maintain the student filing system for both active and inactive students
- Scan documents into the student information system
- Other duties as assigned
Please send cover letter, resume, and desired hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.