The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Assistant to the Bursar. This position assists the Bursar in the functions and activities of Student Accounts. The candidate will ensure the accurate accounting of billing, auditing, and processing payments while assuring compliance with college policies and financial aid regulations.
- Associate Degree required.
- Experience in student billing.
- Experience with Title IV and State regulatory environments as relates to student aid.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Solid organizational skills necessary.
- Ability to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily finalization of student accounts for students who have separated from the College.
- Post all student fees as relates to tuition, books, general fee, etc., with weekly auditing for accuracy.
- Billing and processing of 3rd party vendors and post/schedule refunds when necessary.
- Act as back-up for the Student Accounts Office, i.e., coverage, taking student payments, etc.
- Daily posting of student payments to the student’s account.
- Mailings as necessary.
- Assist the Bursar with college audits and program reviews.
- Assist Bursar with monthly reconciliation of federal/state/institutional student aid.
- Uphold federal/state/institutional compliance regulations as pertains to student aid.
- Other duties as required.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.