Friday, April 8, 2022
With an extra hour of sunlight, Spring has sprung at CW with our annual, Spring Into Wellness! Now is the time to get moving as we transition seasons! The Allied Health Club put together an exciting event where students, staff & faculty had the opportunity to learn about several topics related to Health & Wellness such as cardio stretches, blood pressure screenings, safer sex, healthy relationships, and more.
Since the first rule to good health is from the inside out, this year’s Spring Into Wellness included:
- Blood pressure tests provided by students at the School of Health Professions
- Body mass index (BMI) tests delivered the White Plains Hospital
- Important information and giveaways for students from Planned Parenthood
- Practical information from the Alzheimer’s Association on how to exercise the brain which is just as important as the rest of your body.
- Healthy snacks from the Allied Health Club
And, just to end on a high note with some cardio, the Allied Health Club taught us some good salsa lessons!