Take the College and Career Readiness Quiz

National Distance Learning Week - Meet CW Warrior Roxann Gardner-Nash

Mon, 11/07/2022
National Distance Learning Week - Roxann

It's “National Distance Learning Week.” Let's take time to celebrate the many benefits of distance learning and promote it as a viable educational choice for students with busy lives and complicated schedules. Roxann is one of them. This hardworking CW Warrior found in Distance Learning the perfect fit to complete her college degree.

Who or what inspires you to earn your degree at CW? Why?
My two girls and hubby motivated me to get my degree at CW. My spouse was highly supportive of my decision to return to school for a second degree and encouraged me to reach my goals once we talked about my desire to do so. I also want to provide a good example for my girls so they can follow in my footsteps and become successful adults.

How will earning your college degree change your life and the lives of your family members?
By obtaining my college degree, I will have increased financial stability, which will enable me to lead a more fulfilling life with my family and provide a positive example for my girls.

Who do you hope your story will inspire?
Anyone with dreams and aspirations.

How has online learning influenced your opportunity to earn your degree?
Would you have earned a degree if you were not able to attend online?

Due to the flexibility of the courses, online learning has impacted my ability to obtain a degree. Since my classes are available around- the-clock, I can study whenever and wherever I want, around the demands of my job.

Posted by: 
The College of Westchester