You are always our top priority! We are currently taking virtual admissions appointments.
Call 914-331-0853 or click cw.edu/virtual
While there are no cases of the Coronavirus at The College of Westchester, CW has currently canceled all on-campus appointments and events from Wednesday, March 11 through Thursday, April 30.
All classes are online from March 13 until further notice.
We will continue to monitor the local department of health, the New York State Education Department and the US Department of Education for their guidance, as well as the World Health Organization and the CDC for up to date information.
DID YOU KNOW?
The Cares Act, related to COVID-19 relief, was signed March 27, 2020. The law temporarily changes federal student loans held by the Department of Education:
- 0% interest on loans in repayment, effective March 13, 2020 - September 30, 2020. Borrowers who wish to continue making payments will see their entire payment go towards their principal.
- Automatic, non-capping Administrative Forbearance on loans in repayment, effective March 13, 2020 - September 30, 2020. Borrowers can opt out of the Administrative Forbearance.
- Borrowers on an Income-Driven Repayment plan will see those months count toward forgiveness while on the Administrative Forbearance.
- All Income Driven re-certifications will be extended for 6 months from their current renewal date. However, if a borrower wants to recertify or provide current income to have their payment recalculated, he or she will be able to do so.
- Borrowers who were delinquent will have their delinquency cleared with the application of the Administrative Forbearance.
- Borrowers currently in school or in grace, but who enter repayment prior to September 30, 2020 will be placed into this Administrative Forbearance.