Financial Aid Workshops
CW Federal School (FAFSA®) Code: 005208
Feel free to call 914.831.0207
or fill out the Schedule an Event form
Professional Development/Financial Aid Workshops for high school guidance
counselors or other high school staff are designed to improve your
understanding of student financial aid to help college-bound students
Get a refresher on financial aid and find out about the changes to federal
and state aid regulations that could impact your students.
Topics to be Covered:
• The Senator José Peralta NYS DREAM Act for undocumented and other students.
• Prior Prior Year (PPY) and how it impacts the financial aid process.
• FSAID--obtaining and safeguarding for both students & parents.
• Dependent or Independent?
• Helping students prepare the documentation needed for (FAFSA®) completion.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) is the main form that a student
is required to complete to be considered for student assistance from any of the Federal
Title IV, HEA programs.