Take the College and Career Readiness Quiz

National Distance Learning Week - Meet CW Warrior Touya Delgado

Mon, 11/07/2022
National Distance Learning Week - Touya Delgado

This week, we’ll be celebrating “National Distance Learning Week”. The purpose is to highlight the benefits of distance learning to complete your college degree. CW embraced technology a long time ago, however, because of the pandemic many people find it very convenient to finish their college degree fully online. That is the case of Touya Delgado who had to move to a different state, but is still pursuing her bachelor’s degree completely online.

Who or what inspires you to earn your degree at CW? Why?
I was about to abandon my career dream and my brother pushed me to keep trying and that’s how I found CW and a great counselor helped me.

How will earning your college degree change your life and the lives of your family members?
I was able to find a job in the healthcare system and my family is proud of me.

Who do you hope your story will inspire?
Each student that is struggling with life and school but that wants to succeed, my advice is don’t give up and your dream will come true.

How has online learning influenced your opportunity to earn your degree? Would you have earned a degree if you were not able to attend online?
I had a few credits left to earn my Bachelor’s degree but I had to move to a different state. Thanks to CW and their Online learning system, I am able to keep taking my classes and soon will earn my bachelor’s degree.

Posted by: 
The College of Westchester