Take the College and Career Readiness Quiz

National Distance Learning Week - Meet CW Warrior Mark Agustin

Mon, 11/07/2022
National Distance Learning Week - Mark Agustin

Obtaining a college degree is a wonderful milestone, and it's never too late to return to college to complete it. After 20 years Mark Agustin returned to college and is on his way to complete his college degree online. This “National Distance Learning Week” we feature his story to highlight the many opportunities you’ll find by pursuing your college degree fully online.

Who or what inspires you to earn your degree at CW? Why?
It's been 20 years since I wanted to finish my Bachelor’s degree. It's my dream to finish before my daughter gets to college.

How will earning your college degree change your life and the lives of your family members?
As soon as I earn my degree, it will impact my potential to have better opportunities in my career and have a better life for my family.

Who do you hope your story will inspire?
My daughter.

How has online learning influenced your opportunity to earn your degree? Would you have earned a degree if you were not able to attend online?
Being an online student gives me the opportunity to earn my degree, while I'm working. If I don't have this opportunity to finish online, I might not have a chance to finish at all because of the demands at my job.

Posted by: 
The College of Westchester