Take the College and Career Readiness Quiz

Women's History Month - Miloskari Barbosa

Mon, 03/14/2022

As part of the celebrations for Women's History Month, we asked students and faculty/staff to share their thoughts about #WomensHistoryMonth and what it means to them. Today, CW student Miloskari Barbosa shares her thoughts.

1. What does Women History Month mean to you?
It is the month where you can embrace all empowered women who have stood up for their rights with confidence and self-love.

2. Who is the most influential woman you know and why?
Oprah Winfrey is the most influential woman I know because she influences other women to fight for their dreams even though there are struggles in life.

3. Is there a woman in your family who inspires you? Who is she and why does she inspire you?
Yes, there is. My mother is who inspires me to keep achieving my dreams by telling me that it is never too late to finish college. Despite that she did not attend college, she provided for all her children and worked really hard for us to have a good education.

4. Why do we need a special month to honor women?
I think to remind all women out there that women have achieved a lot until now, and that we can keep making history by helping each other.

5. Do you think women have equal rights to men today?
I do believe there are equal rights for some things. However, I think that we still need to work on wage equality and gender discrimination at the workplace.

Posted by: 
The College of Westchester