Transfer & Adult College Scholarships

Scholarships for Students Like You
CW offers a great variety of scholarships, institutional grants and awards to adult, online and transfers students. To find out how CW helps to make college affordable, click here or give us a call at 855.403.7722 or 914.559.2398.

Transfer Scholarships
The College offers scholarships to students who transfer into CW with credits earned from prior colleges. Tuition scholarships range from 20 to 40 percent based on prior credits earned and cumulative grade point average. Scholarship percentage is applied to the remaining tuition balance after all eligible federal, state and third party grants and scholarships have been applied. Students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA at the end of each academic term/semester in order to receive subsequent awards.

Matching Scholarships
Students who have received recognition from an approved outside scholarship program are eligible to have their awards matched by The College of Westchester. Each matching scholarship may not exceed $2,000 per year.

Institutional Grants
CW offers a number of institutional grants for new and continuing students. Grants are awarded based on financial need. Special consideration is given to students in critical need of assistance to continue studies. These grants of up to $5,000 will vary based on credit load and are disbursed toward tuition only at the completion of each academic semester and/or term. For complete information on applying for this grant, please contact the office of Student Financial Assistance.

CW Program Grants
The College offers grants to students enrolled in certain programs who are nearing the completion of their studies. These CW Program Grants are designed to reward students’ persistence in their courses of study and help them reduce their student loan debt. Additional information on this grant is available from the office of Student Financial Assistance.

The Mayor Joe Delfino Scholarship
In tribute to his fine work and tremendous support of the college, the CW Charitable Foundation Board established The Mayor Joe Delfino Scholarship. Granted annually, the successful recipient must be a White Plains High School student or graduate who is planning to attend or attending CW. They must embody Mayor Joe’s spirit of giving. The guidance office at White Plains High School will assist in recipient selection.

The College of Westchester Charitable Foundation Scholarships
The College of Westchester Charitable Foundation (CWCF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization which awards scholarships to students who demonstrate academic promise. The Foundation annually invites CW students to submit application for consideration.

CW Partners Recognition Award
The College of Westchester has selected specific area corporations, non-profits and community-based organizations as Official CW Partners. Employees of CW Partners may be eligible to receive up to 20% toward tuition and their immediate family members (spouses/dependent children) may be eligible to receive up to 12% toward tuition. This special CW Partners Recognition Award applies toward tuition balances, only after employer tuition reimbursement and any other external financial assistance are applied.

Awards are only effective for dates in which Official CW Partner Agreements are active and is not retroactive. This award cannot be combined with any other CW merit scholarship, and does not apply toward books/electronic media and fees or other expenses. The funds are distributed equally per credit at the end of each academic semester/term of enrollment and students must maintain a 2.0 or better cumulative grade point average at the end of each academic semester/term in order to receive subsequent awards. In the event a student receives any increase in NY State TAP, Federal PELL, FSEOG or outside scholarship, the CW Award may be reduced. If students leave before completion of the academic semester/term, they will lose their Award. Proof of employment will need to be submitted at the beginning of the enrollment and will need to be submitted each new award year. Continuing students should contact the Student Financial Assistance Office and prospective students should contact the Admissions Office for further details.