Admissions Advisors assist qualified potential students through the admissions process in an efficient, professional, and supportive manner. Admissions Advisors set visitation appointments, conduct in-depth interviews and tours of the campus, and provide accurate information regarding The College of Westchester’s programs in order to assist potential students in identifying the program that will best meet their needs.
• Call prospective students, address questions, and schedule visits to The College.
• Meet with potential students to accurately explain program offerings, discuss and advise suitable programs in accordance with the student’s interests, qualifications, and career goals.
• Provide excellent customer service to potential students through consistent and effective outreach and follow-up.
• Network and build strong relationships to generate personally developed referrals.
• Be accountable for all prospective student inquiries and admissions activity associated with all inquiries.
• Accurately document engagement with students and complete necessary paperwork.
• Adhere to a strict code of ethics and comply with all College policies and procedures, State and Federal laws and accrediting body regulations.
• Represent The College both on and off campus to prospective students, parents and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process.
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure student satisfaction.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of on-campus events and programs for groups and individuals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 1-3 years of related experience to include appointment setting and interviewing.
• 3-5 years of successful experience in recruitment, sales, customer service, marketing, public relations or other related field preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Passionate about helping others achieve their career goals.
• Excellent customer service skills including the ability to effectively follow up and follow through.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Effective computer skills as well as familiarity with the professional use of social media.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
• Must be able to work evening and Saturdays.
• Bi-lingual – English/Spanish a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to Matt Curtis at email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.