The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Junior Network Administrator. The Junior Network Administrator’s primary responsibility is maintenance and coordination of the PC Technology Labs and assisting instructors in providing quality technical services to CW students. In addition, this position assists the Senior Network Systems Engineer in daily service of instructional and administrative hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- The successful candidate will have an Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking plus CNA /MCP certification or 4 years of professional experience.
- Knowledge of Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 2008 or 2012 server administration.
- This position requires computer installation and maintenance knowledge.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching and Routing required.
- Project Management practices and disciplines are a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work Monday through Thursday (1:00 pm to 9:30 pm) and Saturdays 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily preparation and service of computer classrooms and the PC technology labs as specified by course schedule and instructors.
- Provide desk side support services for all assigned Help Desk requests.
- Installation of new computer systems.
- Maintain asset management of computer equipment and software.
- Manage virtual servers including print, e-mail and verify backup systems are functioning properly.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches and UPSs.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Must be very thorough and consistent in recording work efforts and the status of support requests in our Help Desk and time accounting system.
- Develop, modify and deploy all computer images.
- Perform assigned IT periodic maintenance requests.
- Assist technology instructors with classroom instruction as required.
- Work with instructors and students on building PC kits as required.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.