The College of Westchester (CW) is seeking a full-time Assistant to the Bursar to support both the college’s Bursar and the Student Accounting Office as needed.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree required.
- Experience in student billing
- Minimum of one year experience of cash handling and accurate record of cash balancing
- Good organizational skills with special attention to details and accuracy
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Strong problem solving skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Finalize student accounts daily for students who separate from the College, including determining final student balances, scheduling of refunds and sending notifications to students.
- Post all student fees, i.e., tuition, books, general fee, etc., for all CW students (both active and not active students) and audit weekly for accuracy.
- Billing and processing of third party transactions along with subsequent (second and third) invoice notices to vendors.
- Monitor the receipt of revenue from third party vendors and post/schedule refunds when necessary.
- Act as a back-up for the Student Accounts office, i.e., taking and processing student payments, etc.
- Daily posting of student payments to the student’s accounts
- Post graduate, enrollment, as well as insufficient fund fees to student’s accounts
- Mailing of student account statements/billing statements when necessary.
- Assist the Bursar with college audits and program reviews
- Assist Bursar with monthly reconciliation of federal/state/institutional student aid.
- Follow all Student Financial Services policies and procedures both internally as well as federal and state compliance.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and compliance in all aspects of operations.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Cherell Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.