The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Program Director/Chairperson, Health Professions Programs. This individual oversees the School of Health Professions, which includes all facets of its operation including but not limited to recruiting, teaching, developing and marketing curriculum, assessing faculty and programmatic outcomes, and ensuring compliance with all applicable college, state, federal and professional regulations. Will work closely with Dean of Faculty and Curricula, Associate Dean of Online Education, and Director of Admissions.
- Possession of Masters Degree in an Allied Health field or a Masters Degree in Nursing with RN licensure in New York State. 3-5 years administrative and supervisory experience in higher education or a related healthcare industry
- Teaching experience in a health professions field
- Business and/or clinical experience in a health-related field
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and continually assess the curriculum, syllabi, course outlines, textbooks and learning outcomes achieved in the health professions programs in the Day, Adult, and Online programs.
- Research and present ideas for new programs in the field.
- Assist in the process of securing NYSED approval of new health professions programs.
- Lead the department in obtaining program-specific certifications and accreditations where appropriate.
- Be ultimately responsible for all aspects of clinical externship placements by supervising the Practicum Coordinator who will develop appropriate sites and establish procedures for placement and monitoring of students. Help to develop and monitor voluntary internships as well as other appropriate externships, internships and practicums as new programs are developed.
- Serve as master teacher, role model, and mentor to faculty in the department and teach a minimum of 4 courses per calendar year.
- Hold departmental meetings at least twice a semester.
- Recruit, develop and evaluate qualified faculty to teach in the School’s programs.
- Oversee health professions faculty members and regularly participate as part of their review team, conduct classroom observations and provide individual assistance, and assist in hiring of new faculty.
- Ensure academic quality through oversight of course materials, course syllabi, Moodle sites, faculty compliance with policies and procedures, and by reviewing student evaluations.
- Oversee the maintenance of the teaching labs, including the ordering of supplies, assessing the need for modifications
- Be ultimately responsible for ensuring OSHA compliance in the teaching lab.
- Participate in college-wide committees, such as the Curriculum Committee and Chairpersons Committee through which recommendations for curricula and/or program changes can be monitored.
- Conduct full academic program review of departmental offerings on a four-year cycle
- Assist Admissions in the recruitment of students for the health professions programs
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.