The College Admissions Advisor for Continuing Adult Students assists qualified prospective students through the admissions process in an efficient, professional and supportive manner using best practices in recruiting and compliance. All recruiters set campus visitation appointments, conduct in-depth interviews and tours of the campus, and provide accurate information regarding programs and services in order to assist potential students in identifying the CW program that will best meet their needs. Ultimately, the Admissions Recruiter will assist the College in reaching its qualitative and quantitative enrollment objectives. Hours include evenings and Saturdays. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Make outbound calls to prospective students who have expressed an interest in the College in order to schedule campus visitation appointments.
- Meet with potential students to accurately explain program offerings; discuss and advise suitable programs in accordance with the student's interests, qualifications, and career goals.
- Provide excellent customer service through professional, consistent and effective outreach and engagement.
- Represent the College both on and off campus to prospective students, parents and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process.
- Attend all admissions department meetings and training sessions.
- Accurately account for all prospective student inquiries and applicants and required admissions activity associated with these prospects.
- Complete daily activity reports.
- Ensure that all enrollment paperwork is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Keep all required reports current and accurate, including information stored in a student information data based systems -
- Adhere to a strict code of ethics and comply with all The College of Westchester policies and procedures, State and Federal laws and accrediting body regulations.
- Network and build strong relationships to generate personally developed referrals.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure student success and satisfaction.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of on-campus events and programs for groups and individuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required.
- Passionate about helping others achieve their educational and career goals.
- 3-5 years of successful experience in recruitment, sales, customer service, marketing, public relations or other related field preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills; to include the ability to effectively follow up and follow through.
- Experience with CampusVue, Velocify or similar SIS/CRM systems a plus.
- Ability to work well with and mentor others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective computer skills as well as familiarity with the professional use of social media.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work evening and Saturdays.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Admissionscandidates@cw.edu. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.