The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Assistant Director for New Student Financial Services. A primary focus will be to ensure all students meet financial commitments to The College. Working collaboratively with the Admissions and Student Financial Services Teams, reporting, and recording on metrics is also a critical part of this role. The Assistant Director will oversee staff who assist prospective, new and returning students in all financial matters and determine if they qualify for aid, as well as supervise day-to-day activities. The Assistant Director will also counsel students.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have excellent counseling, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A problem solver with the ability to think both creatively and analytically.
- 3 years managerial experience in financial aid or comparable field.
- Knowledge of Title IV & New York State regulations, understanding of Need Analysis.
- Passion for working in a service-oriented environment as part of a cohesive team.
- Current knowledge of technology tools that enhance and aid customer service, must know Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Campus Nexus a plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Oversee New Student Financial Assistance (NSFA) team and the department’s daily financial aid activity with prospective and designated continuing students.
- Collaborate with various college departments including Admissions, Academics, Registrar, and Information Technology, on effective and efficient workflow processes and deadlines where tasks and projects are cross-functional.
- Support the development of the whole student by providing excellent customer service and resolution of issues through in-person meetings, telephone, email, and preparation of written correspondence for new student financial aid.
- Utilize technical tools to develop, analyze and maintain, in coordination with IT, Campus Nexus configurations pertaining to new student financial aid; utilizing Microsoft WORD and EXCEL; effective use of VELOCIFY, MONGOOSE, and GOOGLE DOCS for communication and tracking.
- Coach and train team for excellence in all facets of financial aid completion and compliance.
- Meet with prospective and new students, in Prep, Regular, and Follow UP NSFA meetings, to counsel them on financial assistance issues, discuss options to finance their tuition, determine financial need and packages.
- Be accountable for recording and reporting on metrics related to all NSFA activities and progress at regular intervals, such as daily, weekly, cohort specific, and within the deadlines as designated.
- Counsel prospective and new students regarding their rights and responsibilities with respect to financial assistance and student loans. Responsible for the continued development, implementation, and presentation of Financial Aid Literacy communications for prospective students.
- Ensure all assigned deadlines are met to include timely submission of new student financial assistance packages, verification documents, ETA's, folder submission and departmental reports to supervisor.
- Assist in organizing and participate with special events such as open house, pin/prep workshops, early registration and orientation for new students, as well as, various off campus financial aid related events.
- Finalize financial assistance issues for new students during the add & drop period.
- Attend professional development training workshops, especially in the area of student financial assistance.
- Be knowledgeable and up-to-date of federal and state regulations regarding financial assistance.
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and compliance in all aspects of operations for self and team.
- Evening and Saturday hours and flexibility of schedule.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Admissionscandidates@cw.edu. No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.