The College of Westchester is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to work in our Admissions Department during the day. This position provides administrative support to the department as directed by the Admissions Operations Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Front Desk/receptionist duties
- Answer and transfer calls
- Welcome and announce visitors to the college
- Update student information in student database
- Provide general administrative support to supervisor and department members
- Organize, upload and scan data
- Special projects, when assigned
- Assist with student events, such as: Open Houses, Scholars Award Reception, student social events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree Required, Bachelor’s preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Google docs, social media, chat and texting required
- A minimum of one year of administrative support experience required
- Ability to work with students and with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and customer service skills
- Must be able to handle confidential information
- Must be flexible with covering other time shifts when needed
Please send cover letter and resume to Admissionscandidates@cw.edu. Only complete applications will be considered and only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.