The College of Westchester is seeking a full-time Academic Advisor to provide academic advising for all students and to monitor student academic progress. Primary hours of work will be during the day; however, alternative evening and Saturdays hours will be required as well.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- Demonstrate highest commitment to student’s academic and career success
- Ability to make immediate, powerful connections with students
- Ability to work and collaborate with a diverse population of students
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be accountable for students’ success and persistence throughout their program of study
- Meet or exceed persistence and graduation rate goals for assigned cohort of students
- Immediately develop strong connections built on warmth, enthusiasm and concern for the student
- Provide ongoing, systematic engagement with students via meetings, calls, texting and email
- Meet in person withall new students for course registration and utilize CW’s “scheduling for success”
- Regularly meet with all students to review academic progress. Identify, discuss and remedy any current or future potential challenges
- Coordinate any additional support services students may require such as the learning center, counseling and any other special accommodations necessary.
- Participate in Orientation and Early Registration events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.