In follow up to my last correspondence to you regarding our anticipated return to campus date of April 13, I wanted to let you know that we will continue to adhere to state and federal guidelines. Consequently, in keeping with President Trump’s latest announcement that everyone in the US should continue to social distance until April 30, we have made the following changes to our schedule:
Current schedule to return on campus
- Evening and Online classes for the Spring II Term begin one week later than originally planned – May 11 instead of May 4
- Day classes begin May 13 as planned
New Student orientation
New students who are beginning classes in May will be contacted by your admissions counselor and invited to New Student Orientation.
Could our date to return to campus change again?
- Yes, depending on guidance from New York State and from the US Department of Education.
- I will keep you posted, if and when something changes.
- Meanwhile, you can count on weekly communication from me.
Questions you may be asking!
- If you are a continuing student, when will you get your schedule? Your advisor will help you put your schedule together. Feel free to call the concierge desk at 914-831-0433. The concierge will connect you with your advisor.
- If you have questions about financial aid, call the concierge desk at 914-831-0433 and ask for Student Financial Services. Your FA counselor will help answer all of your financial questions.
- Commencement 2020 has been changed from May 28 to August 11, 2pm at the Westchester County Center.
- Cleaning! Before you return, we will do another deep (terminal) cleaning.
We know that this current situation may cause challenges for some of you and we are committed to being as flexible as possible to make this work. Should you have any questions, below are the contact names and numbers of our Student Services Team.
Student Services TeamFor academic advising, questions about courses, and program requirements; contact your academic advising team: Cassandra McFadden – email@example.com - 914-831-0435
Gabriela Baez – firstname.lastname@example.org - 914-831-0206
Matthew Knapp – email@example.com - 914-831-0429 For any other support or general questions; contact the members of our concierge team: Esperanza Cruz (Espy) – firstname.lastname@example.org - 914-831-0431
Leslie Matos – email@example.com - 914-831-0442
Malcolm Bennett - firstname.lastname@example.org – 914-831-0434
Main concierge’s number – 914-831-0433 For tutoring or any other resources to assist you with your class(es); contact our Learning Center team: Jason Schoen – email@example.com - 914-831-0440
Shawn Cobbs – firstname.lastname@example.org- 914-831-0370 For any Counseling services:
Leith Colton – email@example.com - 914-831-0441 For any Library services:
Craig Vincent – firstname.lastname@example.org - 914-831-0279 Students are more than welcome to also reach out to the Dean of Student Services and Retention, Maria Gangi. She can be reached via email@example.com or 914-831-0350
Additional department contact numbers can be found here: http://success.cw.edu/docs/pdf/academic-directory.pdf
Good comes from difficult times
- You are doing tremendous work under these trying circumstances.
- You are resilient, and can see things through.
- You are CW Warrior Strong!
Be in touch with me anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mary Beth Del Balzo, LCSW
President and CEO