Take the College and Career Readiness Quiz

Happy Thanksgiving!

Mon, 11/30/2015

I am grateful to all of our faculty and staff for your hard work and dedication to CW, to our students and to each other.  We have continued to provide a meaningful and amazing education to so very many students over the years.  You motivate me every day.

I am unceasingly inspired by all of our students, the athletes, leaders, scholars, and our learners needing extra attention; they all inspire.

It is heartwarming to me to be part of an organization that creates this type of effect in the world.  Do not underestimate the effect you have on others.  It truly is powerful and I thank you again for everything you do to make CW the special place that our students love. 

I am grateful to the employers of our students, to all of our community members with whom we partner to create a rich environment in which we nurture and support our students, their families and each other.

I am also grateful to live in a country which supports individual freedom and self-determination, freedom of religion and all of the other types of freedom that we often take for granted.  The College of Westchester is living proof of this self-determination.  Students choose to attend our institution, and every day, as I walk on campus, I think about that.  Each student I encounter is someone who made a choice, and I am appreciative for their choice. 

I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday. 

Posted by: 
Mary Beth Del Balzo, CW President